Saturday, 17 October 2015

Autumn


Autumn. The crisp honey-coloured leaves tucked against the side of the pavement. The way the trees stay standing proud even though they are naked. The warm mug of latte filled with hope and comfort. The fall of old habits and the beginning of the new and unexpected.

For me, Autumn is about being on the verge of change or a new season. Winter is coming with it's harsh weather and shorter days but before you have Winter, you have Autumn. The last season before things change into frost. The season where you can reflect before you move on into the harsher days. 

Autumn is when things fall into something new; something undiscovered. It's a time of life where things are evolving. A time of harvest, when food is fuller and the apples ripe. Perhaps it's a time of melancholia when the many possibilities of Summer have gone and instead Winter is stood waiting. The skies may turn gray and so may our thoughts but we can still look forward to things changing because things can always change for the better. 

I'm one of those people who have to overthink things and find metaphors in pretty much everything. I think the Autumn trees or trees in general are a metaphor for life and the cycles that come with life. Trees have branches coming off of them, perhaps symbolizing all the events and moments and feelings that come with life. And then you have the leaves on those branches which, in Autumn, fall into the unknown. These leaves are the old habits and the past. When they have fallen, the new starts to grow upon the branches and the changes in life have been and the new time of Winter has begun. 
Perhaps you could think of Autumn as a melancholy time but then it is also a time to move on. 

Autumn. Young faces with flushed cheeks, leaves so colorful they become flowers.  Strolls through the park surrounded by the many trees and their knowing glances that Autumn is here and that it's going to be fine.

Writing again soon.
EJ


6 comments:

  1. I love your description of autumn. It gives me a rather vivid image of what it is, and honestly you're probably one of the few bloggers I know who use 'autumn' instead of 'fall' (which is nice, meaning that you use 'favourite' instead of 'favorite'. Okay I'm going astray). I live in a place where there's little difference between 'spring', 'summer', 'autumn' and 'winter' months, so it's really interesting to look at October from another point of view.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading my post. Fall is American is it not? I'm not American so I just say Autumn and favourite and colour not color etc! That's interesting. I am glad I have provided a different point of view!

      Delete
  2. This is one of my favourite posts you have ever written and I absolutely adore Autumn. I really can't explain how happy I am after reading this post. It is the perfect description of the season I have ever read and metaphors......OMG ! Metaphors ( sorry for being so excited but the thing is whenever I talk to someone metaphorically they tend to believe that I actually mean it so when someone who has the same brain frequency as mine ( metaphor) I get really really excited ). Enjoy your Autumn and fall (pun) in its beauty ^_^.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thank you for such a nice, positive comment! I am glad I have made you happy! I understand your metaphors ;)

      Delete
  3. This is the first post that I have seen of yours and you could not have made a better first impression! I love how intensely you analyse autumn. Your post tells your opinion but also gives readers room to form their own, this is what I aim for my blog to be like.

    Daydreamer xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading my blog! I am so glad you think this! It's nice to know that people enjoy my blog and it's an honour to have you saying that you wish your blog to be like mine! I wish you all the best with your blog.
      EJ

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment :)