Monday, 14 September 2015

Cinema


The other day I went to the cinema with a friend. I hadn't been to the cinema for ages. Last time I went, I saw 'The Love Punch' starring Emma Thompson and Piers Brosman. It was an interesting romcom with a bit of action (well.. nearly falling off a cliff and a jewel heist in the mix). Me and my friend happened to be the only teenager in the cinema at the time. It was quite hilarious.  

But! The other day I saw not a nice, happy romcom but a rather scary action film. This film was the Maze Runner 2. 
I am not exaggerating when I say it was really well and truly scary. Because it was. In my opinion anyway. My friend asked me if I wanted to see it with her a few days before we went and I said I would, of course. I saw the first one with my friend at her place a month ago or something and it was really good and a lot less scary than the second one. 

Me and my friend got to the cinema, brought a tonne of sweets and a fizzy drink each then went into the cinema- settling down in our seats and stuff. Like I said, I hadn't been in a cinema for ages so I was not really used to the darkness of the room and the seats and the cup holder and the massive screen and everything. My friend was absolutely buzzing next to me- she was extremely excited and so was I because I was at the cinema on a school night for goodness sakes. 

The film then started. It was really good. Right from the start you see the main character having to run for his life. As the film went on it got more and more exciting and more action packed. In one part of the film there were these really scary looking zombie people and that really freaked me out. Somebody behind me was kicking my seat as well so that just added to the horrible scared feeling inside me. Then the main character had to absolutely run for his life again some more. My friend was on the edge of her seat. I was trying not to look at the screen because it was freaking me out so much. At one part I jumped so bad. Being in a dark cinema which has a massive screen makes the film more real and in my case, a lot more exciting and scary. 

About 3/4 of the way through the film, my bum started to get seriously numb and I sort of tried to shift in my seat a bit to make the numbness come off but all I achieved was dropping my sweets on the floor. Great.

So the film was actually really good. It was a real good 'action in nearly every minute of the film' sort of film. But then again I do prefer the first maze runner film. 

Just because I feel like it I will recommend 3 films I really enjoyed and recommend:

Edge of tomorrow- a kick-ass action film. 
Run fat boy run- a laugh out loud comedy. 
Gravity- a suspenseful film set in space (clues in the name). 

I hope you enjoyed this post. 
Blogging again soon! 
EJ

6 comments:

  1. I haven't got round to watching the Scorch Trials yet, but I really want to watch it after reading your post!! Have you read the books?? You totally should, they're even better than the movies! (I read them in like a week.. But I'm a nerd, so...)
    (http://someteenagedirtbag.blogspot.co.uk)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading my blog! I keep meaning to read the books but I just never get round to it! Maybe I will some time! Also your blog is really cool. :)

      Delete
  2. I loved this post!
    I haven't been to the cinema in quite a while so I felt like I was living vicariously through your cinema experience
    Glad you enjoyed Maze Runner 2!
    The movie definitely sounded interesting when you said "Truly scary"
    (I'm a sucker for a good scare)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Thank you for reading my post and I'm so glad you liked reading it! I think you will like the Maze runner 2 film then!

      Delete
  3. Your post makes me want to go to The Maze Runner right now! I liked the book, I'm really curious how the movie turned out. Sadly all my friends are more into romantic comedies, so I have no one who wants to go with me :P
    I think this is the only time I wouldn't mind if someone kicked my chair during the movie. Like you said, it would only add to the suspense.

    x Envy
    Picking up the Pieces

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. If you liked the book, you will probably like the film. Ah shame about your friends liking RomComs! There was some romance in the film... :/ (but hardly any comedy)... Unfortunately I did not appreciate the kicking of the chair! I am not quite into suspenseful/ scary movies so kicking my chair wasn't nice!... but I still enjoyed the film!

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment :)